Patron: Lady Elizabeth Howarth
Parity for Disability’s Trustees
Our Board of Trustees have a wealth of experience from a range of backgrounds and professions including health, finance, IT, HR, education and the military. Three members of the board are or have been parents of a person with multiple disabilities.
Executive Director Alison Cooper
- Alison began working for the charity as a care worker in early 1993 and, after leaving to complete a teaching qualification, took on the role of Centre Manager of its sole service at the time. Alison became Services Manager with the opening of Parity’s second day service in Farnborough in 1998, which then expanded into adjacent premises in 1999. Alison developed the holiday Activity Scheme, for teens with multiple disabilities, which also expanded from one day a week to five days.
- Alison has been key in embedding the principles and philosophy behind Parity’s approach, structuring the students’ Individual Programme Plans and building staff training packages to reflect the increasing complexity of student needs and new approaches to support. She is determined to ensure that the individual is never forgotten within service provision.
Mytchett Day Service Manager Julie Cantillon
- Our longest serving Day Service Manager Julie Cantillon oversaw set up and development of Parity’s newest site in Mytchett, which opened in January 2015.
- As manager of the Farnborough service from 2004, Julie introduced interactive projection technology and overhead hoists at the day service, later rolled out to the rest of the organisation. Julie implemented further new activities and communication tools at the service including a Picture Exchange Communication System that enables students to help plan the day’s timetable, and Tacpac, which uses sound and touch to achieve communication.
Farnborough Day Service Manager Kelly Jarman
- Kelly came to Parity in 2001 as a Keyworker at the Camberley day service, becoming Senior Keyworker and later moving to Farnborough in 2011, where she has built up extensive knowledge of all programmes and activities.
- After stepping in as Manager on several occasions, Kelly became permanent Manager of the service this year. Kelly is committed to developing the possibilities within all Parity’s programmes as well as ensuring the high and low tech resources at the Service are used to their full potential.
Camberley Day Service Manager Miranda Gray
- Formerly a classroom assistant working with children with profound and multiple disabilities at Portesbery School, Mandy came to the Camberley service as a Keyworker in 2011 becoming Manager in 2016.
- Mandy implemented Parity’s eye controlled technology programme and developed tailored training programmes for staff. She assisted with the implementation of a range of new learning programmes and sensory tools. Mandy has additionally developed a bi-annual training package for staff.
- In 2014 Mandy introduced a week-long programme at Runways End Activity Centre in Farnborough that has become a successful annual event for Parity students, staff and families.
Head Office Team
Jenny Robson – Music Therapy Service Manager
Helene Abbiss – Community Support Director
Lucie James – Charity Administrator
Sue Maugham – Finance Administrator
Emma Nelson – Community Fundraiser
Pat Nield – Minibus Fleet Manager
Christine Stevens – Senior Shops Manager